Poppy Seeds 1 lb.
- Accessible container with handle
- Great for baked goods and dressings
- Adds texture and flavor to dishes
- Mildly nutty flavor and sweet fragrance
- Rich in magnesium, calcium, fiber
Popular Ethnic Ingredient
Poppy seeds are commonly used in Eastern European cuisines to make yeast breads, sweet rolls, pastries, and puddings. They are also often used in Indian cuisine, and are ideal for thickening and bringing texture to curries, or using to make chutneys and pastes.
Poppy seeds will add a nutty flavor to cookies, cakes, crusts, and breakfast food batters, and their flavor pairs especially well with citrus flavors. They are also a classic addition to buttered egg noodles and fruit salad dressings.