Green Peppercorns 1 lb.
- Very fresh flavor with slightly fruity undertones and almost no astringency
- Freshly crack over eggs, stir frys, cream sauces, or to season chicken, lamb, and fish
- Great for preserving in brine or vinegar and served pickled
- Adds a small pop of a gorgeous green color to your menu items
- Store in a cool, dry place
In comparison to black peppercorns, green peppercorns have a very fresh flavor with slightly fruity undertones and almost no astringency. Green pepper comes from the same variety of plant as traditional black pepper, but the fruit is picked when it's unripened to capture its distinct taste. With a gorgeous bright green hue, freshly cracking these peppercorns adds an unexpected, desirable pop of color and taste. Its color looks especially great when stored in clear acrylic peppermills, which can show off this peppercorn's vibrant appearance on your tabletops.